"The construction adhesives market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2017 to 2022."
The construction adhesives market is estimated to be USD 9.09 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 11.60 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2017 to 2022. The market is mainly driven by factors such as the increased demand for construction adhesives from the residential housing and infrastructure industries and the ASEAN and MEA countries and safe and easy application of construction adhesives. However, environmental regulations in North American and European countries may restrain the growth of the market.
"In terms of volume, the acrylic resin type segment is expected to lead the construction adhesives market during the forecast period."
Acrylic and acrylate adhesives offer high resistance to sunlight, are not easily cracked by water/humidity, and can withstand temperature fluctuations. They also require very low curing time. These features make acrylic-based construction adhesives the most preferred type of construction adhesives, and their usage is growing in the construction industry. The rising demand from the residential sector, especially for roofing, is driving the demand for acrylic-based construction adhesives. The demand for this type of construction adhesives is increasing from the APAC region due to the high demand for residential and commercial construction as well as infrastructure developments in the region.
"Rising demand for construction adhesives in the MEA is driving the market."
The MEA region is expected to witness moderate growth in the coming years. Building & construction is expected to emerge as a key sector in the region. Several leading global players have established their manufacturing plants in the MEA region to cater to the growing demand for construction adhesives.
The demand for high-performance, cost-effective, and environment-friendly construction adhesive products continues to increase, as the building & construction industry prepares to meet challenges related to energy efficiency, economic constraints, and demand for high-end structures. The construction adhesives market in the MEA region is driven by increasing infrastructural projects and urbanization. The growth in the middle-class population and the rise in demand for new houses due to the increase in nuclear families are fueling the construction adhesives market in the region. Urbanization across Sub-Saharan Africa and long-term demographic growth are driving the construction adhesives market in the region.
Breakup of Primary Interviews:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 42%, Tier 2 - 25%, and Tier 3 - 33%
- By Designation - C level - 36%, D level - 19%, and Others - 45%
- By Region - Europe - 42%, North America - 25%, APAC - 17%, South America - 8%, and MEA - 8%
Key companies profiled in this report are Henkel (Germany), 3M (US), Bostik (France), Sika (Switzerland), H.B. Fuller (US), BASF (Germany), Dow Chemical (US), DAP Products (US), Franklin International (US), Illinois Tool Works (US), Avery Dennison (US), etc.
The construction adhesives market has been segmented into resin type (acrylic, PVA, PU, epoxy, and others), technology (waterborne, reactive, solventborne, and others), and end-use sector (residential, non-residential, infrastructure). The end-use sector has been further analyzed by each country across regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses - industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, value chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the construction adhesives market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on construction adhesives offered by the top players in the global construction adhesives market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the construction adhesives market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyzes the markets for construction adhesives across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global construction adhesives market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global construction adhesives market