"The global peripheral vascular devices market projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period."
The peripheral vascular devices market is expected to reach USD 12.63 billion by 2022 from USD 9.09 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 6.8%. Factors driving the growth of this market include rising geriatric population, increasing prevalence of atherosclerosis, and increasing preference for minimally invasive surgeries. On the other hand, availability of effective first-line treatments is expected to limit market growth in the coming years.
"The hemodynamic flow alteration devices segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate in the next five years."
The hemodynamic flow alteration devices market is segmented into embolic protection devices and total chronic occlusion devices. The embolic protection devices segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. The increasing demand for technologically advanced devices and rising number of endovascular surgeries are key factors driving the growth of this market.
"Angioplasty stents are expected to dominate the peripheral vascular devices market during the forecast period."
The angioplasty stents market is segmented drug-eluting stents and bare-metal stents. The drug-eluting stents segment is the fastest-growing segment of the global angioplasty stents market. Technological advancements and regulatory approvals are driving the growth of this segment.
"Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period."
Geographically, the peripheral vascular devices market is dominated by North America, followed by Europe in 2017. However, Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate due to infrastructural development in its healthcare systems, the rising burden of peripheral vascular diseases (PVDs) in the region, and increasing health expenditure per capita in APAC countries.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1-70%, and Tier 2-30%
- By Designation: C level-62%, Director level-21%, Others-17%
- By Region: North America-44%, Europe-29%, Asia Pacific-17%, Rest of the World-10%
The key players in the peripheral vascular devices market include Medtronic (US), Boston Scientific (US), Abbott Laboratories (US), Terumo (Japan), Cordis (US), B. Braun (Germany), C.R. Bard (US), Biosensors (Singapore), and BIOTRONIK (Germany).
The report analyses the peripheral vascular devices market by type and region. Apart from a comprehensive geographic product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles include product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by prominent market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. Market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key market players and new entrants make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output to remain successful.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the peripheral vascular devices market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the peripheral vascular devices market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic, and business segments and product portfolios of the leading players in the peripheral vascular devices market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various peripheral vascular products across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the peripheral vascular devices market