|시장 조사 자료 (Market Report)-영문판
|시장 조사 자료-일본어판
The antimicrobial textiles market size is estimated to be valued at USD 497.4 Million in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 1,076.1 Million by 2026, at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2016 to 2026. In this study, 2015 has been considered the base year, 2016 to 2021 the short term forecast period, and 2016 to 2026, the long term forecast period for projecting the market size of antimicrobial textiles.
Objectives of the study:
- To define, describe, and project the global antimicrobial textiles market based on agent, application, finishing technique, and region
- To forecast the market size, in terms of value and volume, of five main regional markets, namely, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- To provide detailed information on the key factors influencing the market growth, such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges
- To strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contribution to the total market
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To analyze competitive developments, such as, partnerships/agreements & collaborations, new product developments/launches, and expansions, in the antimicrobial textiles market
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
The research methodology used to estimate and forecast the market size included both, top-down and bottom-up approaches. The total market size for antimicrobial textiles is identified through both, primary and secondary research. The overall antimicrobial textiles market was further segmented, based on agents and applications. Percentages were allotted to the different sectors in each of the segments and subsegments. These allotments and calculations were done on the basis of extensive primary interviews and secondary research. The secondary resources include annual reports, press releases and investor presentations of companies; white papers; certified publications; articles from recognized authors; and gold standard & silver standard websites such as, Factiva, ICIS, Bloomberg, and so on. Findings of this study were verified through primary research by conducting extensive interviews with key officials such as, CEOs, VPs, directors, and other executives. The breakdown of profiles of the primary interviewees is illustrated in the figure below:
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
The global market for antimicrobial textiles is led by players such as, SANITIZED AG (Switzerland), Microban International, Ltd. (U.S.), Sciessent LLC (U.S.), Milliken Chemical (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Lonza Group AG (Switzerland), Trevira GmbH (Germany), Herculite Products, Inc. (U.S.), LifeThreads LLC (US), PurThread Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Unitika Trading Co., Ltd. (Japan), BioCote Ltd. (U.K.), BASF SE (Germany), Vestagen Protective Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), and others.
- Manufacturers of antimicrobial textiles
- Manufacturers in end-use industries such as, healthcare, home, and apparel
- Traders, distributors, and suppliers of antimicrobial textiles
- Regional manufacturers’ associations and general antimicrobial textile associations
- Government and regional agencies and research organizations
Scope of the Report:
This report categorizes the global antimicrobial textiles market based on agent, application, and region.
Market Segmentation, by Agent:
- Synthetic Organic Compounds
- Quaternary Ammonium
- Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB)
- Zinc Pyrithione
- Metal & Metallic Salts
- Others (Zeolites, Titanium Dioxides)
- Natural Dyes
- Herbal Extracts
Market Segmentation, by Application:
- Protective Wear
- Industrial Laundry
- Others (Window Covers, Tents)
- Outdoor Clothing
- Surgical Supplies
- Sheets & Blankets
- Others (Attire & Upholstery)
- Curtains & Drapes
- Others (Awning, Upholstery, Towels, and Cleaning Textiles)
- Other Wearables
- Socks & Shoe Inserts
Market Segmentation, by Region:
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
The antimicrobial textiles market is projected to reach USD 1,076.1 Million by 2026, at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2016 to 2026. The antimicrobial textiles market is driven by the need for hygiene products to combat the increasing number of infections due to microorganisms. The antimicrobial textiles market is witnessing high growth owing to the increasing end-use applications such as, medical textiles, and apparel, technological advances, and the high demand in the Asia-Pacific region.
The antimicrobial textiles market is segmented on the basis of agents into, synthetic organic compounds, metal & metallic salts, and bio-based. Each of these agents is further classified into subsegments. Synthetic organic compounds account for the largest segment in the antimicrobial textiles market.
Medical is estimated to be the fastest growing application of antimicrobial textiles. The medical segment is projected to drive the antimicrobial textiles market from 2016 to 2021 due to the growing healthcare market, increasing consumer awareness regarding health and hygiene, and the increasing usage of antimicrobial textiles in medical products such as, surgical supplies, curtains, beddings, and upholstery items. Apparel is also projected to grow at a significant rate as a result of the growing demand for products such as, sportswear and intimates. For these products, the necessary requirements are hygiene, safety, and odor control. Antimicrobial textiles can inhibit bacteria growth and control odor and hence are largely preferred for apparel products.
The Asia-Pacific region is the fastest-growing market for antimicrobial textiles in terms of value and volume, globally. Growing industrialization backed by infrastructure development has offered high growth opportunities for the antimicrobial textiles market in the Asia-Pacific region. The increasing economic growth, changing lifestyles, rising disposable incomes, and significant investments in industries such as, healthcare and manufacturing drives the antimicrobial textiles market in the region.
Environmental concerns relating to the use of a few antimicrobial agents such as triclosan and Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) in the production of antimicrobial textiles, and the required compliance to the stringent regulations are factors restraining the growth of the market.
Partnerships, agreements and collaborations, as well as new product developments were the major strategies adopted by most players in the market. Companies such as, SANITIZED AG (Switzerland), Microban International, Ltd. (U.S.), Sciessent LLC (U.S.), Milliken Chemical (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Lonza Group AG (Switzerland), Trevira GmbH (Germany), Herculite Products, Inc. (U.S.), LifeThreads LLC (US), PurThread Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Unitika Trading Co., Ltd. (Japan), BioCote Ltd. (U.K.), BASF SE (Germany), Vestagen Protective Technologies, Inc. (U.S.) were the key players who adopted these strategies to increase their product offerings, expand customer bases, and to stay ahead of competitors.