|시장 조사 자료 (Market Report)-영문판
|시장 조사 자료-일본어판
The global carbon fiber market is estimated to be valued at USD 2.87 Billion in 2016, and is projected to reach USD 8.00 Billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 10.8%. The use of carbon fiber based composites is becoming crucial in various end-user industries as it offers properties such as, high temperature resistance, strength, rigidity, among others.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of carbon fiber are:
- Base Year – 2015
- Estimated Year – 2016
- Short Term Forecast Period – 2016-2021
- Long Term Forecast Period – 2016 to 2026
2015 has been considered the base year for company profiles. Whenever information was unavailable for the base year, the prior year has been considered.
Objectives of the Study
- To define, describe, and forecast the global carbon fiber market, in terms of value, and volume
- To identify and measure the global carbon fiber market by end-user industry, raw material, product type, form and region
- To analyze the significant region-specific market trends in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa (ME&A), and country-specific trends in the U.S., Germany, France, the U.K., China, and Japan
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To analyze recent market developments such as partnerships, joint ventures, and mergers & acquisitions, in the global carbon fiber market
- To strategically profile and analyze the key market players and their core competencies
Various secondary sources such as Factiva, Hoovers, Manta, and others have been used to understand and gain insights into the global carbon fiber market. Experts from top carbon fiber companies have been interviewed to verify and collect critical information and to assess the trends in the global carbon fiber market during the forecast period. The top-down, bottom up and data triangulation approaches have been implemented to calculate the exact values of the overall parent and individual market sizes.
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
The market for carbon fiber has a diversified ecosystem, including downstream stakeholders such as manufacturers, vendors, end-users, and government organizations. Some of the major carbon fiber suppliers are, Hexcel Corporation (U.S.), Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. (Japan), Teijin Limited (Japan), Hyosung (South Korea), SGL Group (Germany), and others. This study focuses on the different types of carbon fiber that are used by end-users, such as, automotive industry, aerospace & defense, and the wind energy industry. Some of the major automotive end-users of carbon fiber are, BMW (Germany), Fiat (Italy), Bentley (U.K.), and Chrysler (U.S.), among others
- Carbon fiber manufacturers
- Raw material suppliers
- Distributors & suppliers
- Industry associations
“The study answers several questions for the stakeholders, primarily which market segments they should focus upon during the next two to five years to prioritize their efforts and investments”.
Scope of the Report:
This research report categorizes the global market of carbon fiber based on the end-use industry, application, material, and region. It forecasts revenue growth and gives an analysis of the trends in each of the submarkets till 2026.
On the basis of End-User Industry,
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sporting Goods
- Wind Energy
- Civil Engineering
- Pipe & Tank
- Electrical & Electronics
On the basis of Raw Material,
- PAN-based carbon fiber
- Pitch – based carbon fiber
- Rayon – based carbon fiber
On the basis of Product Type,
- Continuous carbon fiber
- Long carbon fiber
- Short carbon fiber
On the basis of Form,
- Long carbon fiber
- Short carbon fiber
On the basis of Region,
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
With the given market data, MarketsandMarkets offers customizations according to the specific needs of the companies. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company
- Further breakdown of the North American carbon fiber market
- Further breakdown of the European carbon fiber market
- Further breakdown of the Asia-Pacific region carbon fiber market
- Further breakdown of the Latin American carbon fiber market
- Further breakdown of the Middle Eastern & African carbon fiber market
- Detailed analysis and profiles of additional market players
The global carbon fiber market is projected to reach USD 8.00 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 10.8%, from 2016 to 2026. Carbon fiber offers excellent strength, is light weight, has low specific gravity, excellent modulus of elasticity, high corrosion resistance, and high moldability, among others. Thus, the use of carbon fiber based composites is increasing in various end-use industries such as, aerospace & defense, automotive, wind energy, and others. The growing need for light weight & strong alternative materials in the aerospace & automotive industries is one of the major drivers for the carbon fiber market.
The global carbon fiber market is segmented into, end-user industry type, product type, raw material type, form, and region. The aerospace & defense end-use application has been estimated to have the largest market share in terms of value & volume in 2016. This is due to the established and proven applications of carbon fiber based composite parts in aircraft applications. The automobile market is projected to grow at a higher rate due to the acceptance of carbon fiber based composites in sports and luxury cars.
The carbon fiber market, by raw material is segmented into, pan-based, pitch-based, and rayon-based carbon fiber. Pan-based carbon fiber holds the largest market share both, in terms of value & volume, due to its high yield and better processing properties. Carbon fibers are used in composite and non-composite forms in various applications. The composite segment led the global carbon fiber market by form in 2016.
North America is projected to be the largest and the fastest-growing region in the carbon fiber market during the forecast period. This is due to the presence of large aircraft manufacturing & defense companies in the region. The high prices of carbon fiber and insufficient production capacities are restraining market growth.
The high price of carbon fiber is acting as a major restraint in its usage in the automotive end-user industry. It is presently used in racing cars and some high-end sports cars. If the cost of carbon fiber lowers, it will be used on a much larger scale in automobiles.
Toray Industries Inc. (Japan), Tejin Limited (Japan), and SGL Group (Germany) are some of the major players in the global carbon fiber market. Major companies adopted the expansions strategy to maintain their leading positions in the global carbon fiber market. Toray Industries Inc. holds the major share in the carbon fiber market globally. Companies are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as, new product developments and agreements to strengthen their market shares.