Foreword by Professor Menachem Elimelech, Yale University, USA
This 3-volume thematic work provides critical assessment of the status and advancements in materials and fabrication of membranes, membrane based processes, and applications critical to industrial applications and research from fundamental and practical levels.
The Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology binds together the history of synthetic membranes, as well as state-of-the-art findings of younger and experienced membrane researchers from over 25 countries.
This comprehensive publication considers the fast growing interest in synthetic membranes and their many applications, including drinking water purification, gas separations, food technology, biotechnology, drug delivery devices, rechargeable batteries and fuel cells.
The Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology provides valuable insight on the latest developments, such as:
- Membrane separation and transport
- Materials, characterization, and module design
- Fundamentals of membrane separation processes
- Applications of membrane technology in various industries
- A collection of reference information on all aspects of membrane science and technology